Sunday 2 December 2012

Sneak preview: Rustic and Romantic Christmas goodies

Hello! It's been a busy week over here at Love, Thomas! In between preparing for the much anticipated Blogging Your Way Studio next weekend, getting work wrapped up in time for a {much needed} Christmas break and a triple photo shoot scheduled this week, I have been a very busy bee crafting goodies for an upcoming Christmas feature for Houzz.

The task was to create a 'Rustic and Romantic' Christmas tree setting, using hand crafted decorations featuring vintage music sheets and a colour scheme of naturals, gold and and a bit of Christmas sparkle.  The piece is set to feature in the next couple of weeks, but here is a sneak preview of what I came up with.






The feature will include a full step-by-step 'how-to' on making the fabric and paper star ornaments, washi tape goodie bags and paper ornaments yourself, so keep an eye out because there's loads of time to get creative!

This is the first time I have ever done anything like this, so it's all very new to me. What do you think?

Very Martha Stewart, I must say!

I hope you enjoyed your weekend! Mine was spent hunting down the perfect tree to show off these goodies, and watching my one-year-old be inundated with new toys at a family Sinterklaas (Dutch Christmas celebration for children) party. Looks like a week of sanity ahead while she plays herself silly!

Love, Holly

* UPDATE: Read the full article {here}.

4 comments:

  1. Holly what a talented woman you are. Beautiful decorations can't wait for more photos. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Debbie. What very sweet words! I love living a creative life and sharing my work here. Thanks for stopping by :) Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful things - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those.And did also at my home

    ReplyDelete